WOW, 2017 is long gone and 2018 is staring me straight in the face. For several years, I have wanted to start blogging my clients’ amazing sessions and wedding days along with bits and pieces of my sweet little family’s life. But it has always, somehow, been put on the backburner. Well today its officially STARTED and I couldn’t be more excited! I’m sure I’ll come to realize that not many people are interested
in my life but thats okay! We’ll have those moments to look back on and share with Grayson some day!
I figured since I’m starting the year off by checking something off my 2018 Goals, I would share with you how I set my goals and the resources I use to turn those goals into reality!
About a year ago, I came across a lady on instagram by the name of Lara Casey. She is a momma of three sweeties and the CEO of @cultivatewhatmatters, a company that empowers women to cultivate areas in their lives with purpose! As a christian, wife and entrepreneur, I was instantly hooked! Since then, I have followed her on social media and dreamt of the day that I could get things done like she did! This year I decided to take the plunge. I bought her 6 Month powersheets and dove in on preparing my goals for 2018. These sheets walk you step by step through the planning process of creating “good goals”. I am so excited to say that I have officially set my first years worth of goals and I can’t wait to share them with you!
Before I share them, I want to share my WORD for this year! Lara challenges you to find a word that embodies your year and how you envision your growth. Before I even started truly looking for a word I already had one in the back of my mind….Consistency. For those of you who know anything about me, I have a hard time following through. Just like in creating a blog, I have great intentions but things fall through the cracks. This year, my prayer is that I consistently work towards progress in the goals I have set for myself.
Here they are, my 2018 Goals!
- Read through the Bible this year. I have never been able to do this. I want to dig into God’s word each day and let the words guide me daily.
- Find a morning routine that maximizes my time and productivity. This will be HUGE in my home and business’ success. I am quite the night owl and like my sleep in the mornings
but I find that I can be more productive when the men in the household are still snoozing 😉 So, hello 6:00 A.M. wake up calls! YAY!
- Love my husband well. This isn’t a mushy gushy goal necessarily, just a desire to recognize Matthew’s love languages and make a point to show him my appreciation any way that I can! Now that we have a child, I want him to grow in a home where he can see his parents love each other and keep each other *second* (God will always be first)!
- Streamline workflow and editing. This is solely a business goal but will open up so much time at “home”. I want to trim down my turn around time from 2-4 weeks to 3-10 days! TALK ABOUT A HUGE GOAL!
- Start my blog. Y’all…. its STARTED!!!! You are reading it!!! AHHHHH!!!! additional, I hope to blog at least once a week! Be sure to follow me on social media to see when I have new content!
- Focus on fitness. This goal isn’t to focus on losing weight or even fitting into a size 4. Its simply to focus on my health/fitness. As many of you know, I had a baby this past May. I was lucky enough to lose my pregnancy weight fairly quickly but I’m nowhere near “toned”. So that is my goal, gain some definition and feel more energized!
There you have it! My 2018 word and goals! I hope that this year brings progress in these areas!