Today we are switching it up a bit and sharing 8 of my favorite things about my husband, Matthew! 🙂
1. This laugh that you rarely hear. Something has to be REALLY funny for this laugh to surface. When it does, its a real treat. And if I am the one that causes it, I love it even more!
2. Watching him be a dad. I love that Grayson knows when Matthew gets home its play time. Time to wrestle and shoot baskets and get chased around the house. It’s something I look forward to every afternoon!
3. His unique variety of music he enjoys. Seriously guys, I sometimes use his Spotify (shhh…) and it ranges from Rap to Country, Top 40 Hits to Contemporary Christian. I remember so vividly some of the Rap music we blared in his Camaro. While I was pregnant we used to say that Grayson would love music because of all that we listened to and he does! Little man gets it from his daddy!
4. His natural money consciousness. He is the saver to my spender. We follow Dave Ramsey’s financial systems and if it weren’t for Matthew we probably wouldn’t be making much progress towards a debt free life!
5. Matthew is so organized. In college, he would come straight home from syllabus day and write in his planner all his due days, test dates and any other little detail he felt important. He can tell you when any bill is due. He loves tidying up in the evenings and sitting down to relax with a clean home. I am so thankful for this part of him because I tend to be on the messier side and appreciate the help!
6. His love for sports. This may sound like a joke but I love that he enjoys sports. I grew up in a sports family. Baseball, basketball, cross country, track, softball… you name it, my siblings or I gave it a shot. So when I met Matthew and he had a passion for sports, I knew he would fit right in with my family! That has proven to be accurate over the years!
7. He’s a looker. Yeah, I said it. My hubby is hottt! That’s all I’ll say about that!
8. The way he continually tries to better himself for our marriage. Brides, high school or college students, hear this. Marriage is hard. Two imperfect people committing their lives to each other is no easy feat. Find you a man that can see the need for self-improvement. Whether it’s in their faith, their work, their personal life or any other area. Seeing them work hard towards something is pretty attractive!
DO YOU HAVE A SPOUSE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER? TAKE THE TIME TO THANK THEM FOR ALL THAT THEY DO AND LET THEM KNOW SOMETHING THAT YOU LOVE ABOUT THEM! YOU NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH THEY MAY NEED TO HEAR IT!
lots of love,